Who watches the Watchmen? Well, lets face it, for the last 26 years it has been pretty much every member of the comic reading community.
Earlier this year DC Comics made the announcement that after 26 years they would be returning to the world of Alan Moore and Dave Gibbon's masterpiece, Watchmen, with a series of 7 prequels under the banner of Before Watchmen. The announcement was instantly meet with mixed feelings of outrage and skepticism. Pushing through the anger though was still building optimism as the creative teams of the seven mini-series were released soon after building positive interest. This month's Previews sees the solicitation of the first four mini-series with the other three to follow next month. The hype around the creative teams is deserved, just look over this list below and see:
- Before Watchmen: Rorschach (4 issues) – Writer: Brian Azzarello. Artist: Lee Bermejo
- Before Watchmen: Minutemen (6 issues) – Writer/Artist: Darwyn Cooke
- Before Watchmen: Comedian (6 issues) – Writer: Brian Azzarello. Artist: J.G. Jones
- Before Watchmen: Dr. Manhattan (4 issues) – Writer: J. Michael Straczynski. Artist: Adam Hughes
- Before Watchmen: Nite Owl (4 issues) – Writer: J. Michael Straczynski. Artists: Andy and Joe Kubert
- Before Watchmen: Ozymandias (6 issues) – Writer: Len Wein. Artist: Jae Lee
- Before Watchmen: Silk Spectre (4 issues) – Writer: Darwyn Cooke. Artist: Amanda Conner
- Before Watchmen: Epilogue (One-Shot) - Writers: Various. Artists: Various
With a total of 35 single issues coming out, we thought we'd offer you a little something to hopefully get you even more interested in this controversial event.
Committing to buying all 35 issues might seem a little daunting at first, having a shelf price cost of $210 ($190 for Standing Orders). So we'd like to offer you the chance to pick up the entire run of issues for $165. This works out at least 7 comics for free for shelf customers and 4 for free for Standing Order customers.
Coupled with that we'd like to offer you a stictly limited All Star Before Watchmen tee shirt. The shirt (not available for sale) will be the second we have created for an event like this and judging from the popularity of the first limited tee, this one will be highly sort after as well. The design of the shirt will be revealed at a later date.
All you need to do, is come into the store and pre-pay (in full) before Wednesday the 25th of April. We can continue to take orders after this point but it would make things easier on us to confirm your order before (Watchmen) this date. This offer is available to standing order customers and shelf customers alike. The offer is for the entire 35 issues of the Before Watchmen range.